Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Book Review: My Contrary Mary

 




My Contrary Mary

by Cynthia Hand; Brodi Ashton; Jodi Meadows

HarperCollins Children's Books 

HarperTeen

 Teens & YA  

Pub Date 22 Jun 2021 



I am reviewing a copy of My Contrary Mary through HarperCollins Children’s Books and Netgalley:




Come journey with me to France during the Renaissance era, it’s a place of poison, plots, beauties and beasts of mice and of queens.  




Mary is the queen of Scotland and the Jewel of the French court.  Except when she is a mouse, yes a mouse.   Mary is an Eðian (shapeshifter) in a kingdom where Verities rule. It’s a secret that could cost her a head or a tail.






Mary is lucky to have a confidant in her betrothed, Francis. But things at the gilded court take a treacherous turn after the king meets a suspicious end.  After being thrust onto the throne Mary and Francis face a viper’s nest of conspiracies, traps, and treason. And if Mary’s secret is revealed, heads are bound to roll.




I give my Contrary Mary five out of five stars, for a unique and creative spin on the tale of Mary the Queen of Scott’s!




Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment