Monday, October 25, 2021

Book Review: Murder Book

 



Murder Book

A Graphic Memoir of a True Crime Obsession

by Hilary Fitzgerald Campbell

Pub Date 09 Nov 2021 |

 Andrews McMeel Publishing 

 Comics, Graphic Novels, Manga 



I am reviewing a copy of Murder Book: A Graphic Memoir of a True Crime Obsession through Andrew McMeel Publishing and NetGalley:



Murder Book A Graphic Memoir of a True Crime Obsession is a humorous investigation into the author's obsession with true crime, the murders that have most captivated her throughout her life, and a love letter to her fellow true-crime fanatics.






Why do so many find it fun to read about death and dismemberment? In Murder Book, lifelong true-crime obsessive and New Yorker cartoonist Hilary Fitzgerald Campbell tries to puzzle out the answer.  





Let me start off with the things I loved about this unconventional graphic exploration exploration of a lifetime of Ann Rule super-fandom, amateur armchair sleuthing, and a deep dive into the high-profile murders that have fascinated the author for decades, first of all the humor was great as were the graphics, and as a true crime aficionado myself I found the book relatable in many cases.  





Now to get on to the thing I did not like about the book, that was the political undertones in the book, there is good and bad in everything political leaning, so signaling one out I don’t feel is the place for a true crime graphic novel.



I give Murder Book four out of five stars!



Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment