Thursday, January 20, 2022

Book Review: Healing Out Loud

 

Healing Out Loud

How to Embrace God’s Love When You Don’t Like Yourself

by Sandi Brown; Michelle Caulk

Pub Date 04 Jan 2022 |

 Dexterity 

 Christian  |  Health, Mind & Body  |  Self-Help 




I am reviewing a copy of Healing Out Loud through Dexterity and Netgalley:



 Healing out Loud is a unique look at counseling from both patients and counselor.   Sandi Brown the founder of St. Louis’s largest Christian radio ministry, JOY FM—and her counselor, Dr. Michelle Caulk, walk through Sandi’s therapy journey, answering the question, “What do I do when I know God loves me, but I don’t like myself?”





Shame, embarrassment, negativity. The struggle to love ourselves as the joyfully-made women we are has never been more difficult. When Sandi began her journey towards healing and freedom, she thought she was alone in her struggles. By working with Michelle, the two found that scores of women experience a disconnect between how they see themselves and God’s image.





Healing Out Loud captures many of the insecurities the modern woman faces in her walk with Christ.   The conversational prose it is written in makes for easy reading, and allows you to face the struggles with Biblical insight.



I give Healing Out Loud five out of five stars!



Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment