Sunday, February 20, 2022

Book Review: Gathering Blossoms Under Fire

 

Gathering Blossoms Under Fire

The Journals of Alice Walker, 1965–2000

by Alice Walker

Pub Date 12 Apr 2022 

 Simon & Schuster 

 Biographies & Memoirs  |  Nonfiction (Adult) 




I am reviewing a copy of Gathering Blossoms Under Fire: The Journals of Alice Walker, 1965-2000



I was more than excited, when I was accepted as a reviewer through Netgalley And Simon and Schuster for Gathering Blossoms Under Fire, and I can say I was not disappointed, where I can’t say I agreed with every aspect of the journals, I can say I enjoyed the book immensely, and read it over a period of several days, drawn into the life o this remarkably talented woman, and writer.



For the first time we get an intimate look into Alice Walker’s life from the period of 1965-2000 through her journals.  The critically claimed author of A Color Purple gives us an intimate look into her thoughts and feelings over different aspects of her life, her thoughts, and her feelings as a woman, a writer, an African American as well as a wife, a daughter, a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend, a citizen of the world.



In a singular voice these journals allow us to get an understanding of her thoughts and feelings as she explores an astonishing array of events, she took part in from marching with the  other foot soldiers  of the a wife, a daughter, a mother, a lover, a sister, a friend, a citizen of the world.



I give Gathering Blossoms Under Fire five out of five stars!



Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment