Friday, February 17, 2023

Book Review: I'm Still Writing

 



I'm Still Writing

Women Writers on Creativity, Courage, and Putting Words on the Page

by Virginia Ann Byrd

Pub Date 28 Feb 2023 

 St. Martin's Press,  St. Martin's Essentials

 Nonfiction (Adult) 



I am reviewing a copy of I'm Still Writing through St Martin's Press and Netgalley:



I'm Still Writing shares thoughts and inspirations from some of the greatest female writers of the past and the present!




In this book, some of the most beloved female writers of the past and present , share their thoughts on the joy and struggle of writing. Their words will nurture and challenge your writing, inviting you to dive deeper into your creativity and find power on the page. 




Author Virginia Ann Byrd, has taken the time to gather the words and the wisdom of generations of female writers from different backgrounds, traditions, and times pairing them with thoughtful reflection questions and inspiring writing prompts. From Jane Austen to Toni Morrison, Isabel Allende to Virginia Woolf, 52 authors offer their wisdom on every facet of writing from finding inspiration to the nuances of craft and the particular burden faced by female artists.




This book is divided into weekly chapters, and is a beautiful chorus of women's voices to guide your own writing journey.  If you are looking for a book to nourish your creativity, I'm still writing definitive fits that bill.



I give I'm Still Writing five out of five stars!



Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment