Thursday, June 8, 2023

Book Review: When I Go to Church, I Belong

 



When I Go to Church, I Belong

Finding My Place in God's Family as a Child with Special Needs

by Elrena Evans

Pub Date 19 Sep 2023 

 InterVarsity Press,  IVP Kids

 Children's Fiction  |  Christian  |  Religion & Spirituality 



When I Go to Church, I Belong was provided to me by Intervarsity Press, IVP Kids, and Netgalley for the purpose of review:




Children with disabilities often find it difficult to fit in, but church can be a place where everyone feels welcome and included. The story of six children with special needs is told in When I Go to Church, I Belong, which makes it easier for us to better understand the experiences and feelings of those with disabilities. 



In addition, it reminds us that despite our differences, we also share a great deal in common. Written by Elrena Evans and illustrated by Rebecca Evans, this message of inclusion and belonging can be enjoyed by children and their adults. There is also a note from the author that encourages further discussion about the content. 



I give When I Go to Church, I Belong five out of five stars!



Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment