Monday, April 20, 2020

Book Review: Come Away My Beloved




Come Away My Beloved: 3-Minute Devotions for Women
by Frances J. Roberts

Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Barbour Books
Christian
Pub Date 01 Jan 2020



I am reviewing a copy of Come Away My Beloved: 3-Minute devotions for Women through Barbour Books and Netgalley:



If you are looking for a good women's devotional may I recommend Come Away My Beloved, this devotional is broken up in easy to read three minute segments, good for even the busiest women amongst us.



This book reminds us that without holiness no man shall see God.  We are reminded too of our dependence on God and what a blessing that is.  We cannot see what lies in the distance but the good Lord can.


We are encouraged to hold firmly to Jesus' hand as we walk our path through life.  We are reminded too that he carries our burdens for us and comforts us through our grief. 



Frances J Roberts goes on to remind us that our obedience brings joy to the Lord's heart.   We are encouraged too, to be a yielded believing vessel.  As well as being reminded that with Christ by our side we will not be defeated.



The importance of obeying God's words is highlighted in this devotional as well.  We are reminded too that the good Lord brings us comfort in times of trouble and infliction.



I give Come Away My Beloved five out of five stars!


Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment