Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Book Review: I Lost My BFF

 

I Lost My BFF

A book about jealousy and rejection within friendships

by Jennifer Licate

Boys Town Press 

Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

 Children's Fiction  |  Middle Grade  |  Self-Help 

Pub Date 26 Jan 2021 



I am reviewing a copy of I Lost My BFF through Boys Town Press and Netgalley;




Sophia and Aaliyah have been the best of friends since the first grade, they would do everything together, and they enjoyed the same things.  When they were together they always managed to have fun!





It’s not hard to imagine why Sophia’s surprise when Aaliyah starts spending more time with Christabel, and it’s interfering with Sophia and Aaliyah’s time together.   Sophia finds it hard to deal with all the change.  Was it because Sophia did something wrong?  Does it mean Aaliyah likes Christabel better? Sophia finds herself thinking… I Lost My BFF



Sophia, Aaliyah, Christabel and Asha soon learn that it’s okay for friends to have other good friends, and not everyone needs to like to do the same things all of the time.  Through the use of open and honest conversation they learn that friendship can change and grow as long as friends remain kind and respectful to one another, it will be okay.




I give I Lost My BFF five out of five stars!




Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment