Thursday, May 12, 2022

Book Review: The StoryChanger


The StoryChanger

How God Rewrites Our Story by Inviting Us into His

by David Murray

Pub Date 14 Jun 2022 

 Crossway 

 Christian 



I am reviewing a copy of The Story Changer through Crossway and Netgalley:  



The introduction in The StoryChanger drew me in with these questions, If life is a story, is your life a good read?   Is it a feel good story or a tear jerker?


No wonder I was drawn in, these are questions I ask an author, but have I really applied that to my faith?  


Of course I had to read on.  



And then David Murray goes on to remind us that we can’t go forward until we go backwards.  We can’t write a new story until we’ve read the old one.



Ouch, that can be painful at times can’t it?  



But if we write our stories, they end up being tragic, if God writes our story they are full of Grace and Mercy, and meaning.



We all want to live a meaningful life, at least I know I do.  



We were once like God, because we were created in his image, until Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden.  Sin, and death, and pain entered our lives then.  But Jesus came to save us.





Without Villains, there are no stories.  Satan is the villain in the world’s story, and he wants to be the villain in our story.




It is estimated that eighty one percent of Americans feel they have a book in them and should write it.  Of those who start to write 97 percent never complete the manuscript.  And less than twenty percent of the books submitted to publishers are published and those that are only around 250 copies are sold.



But where as we are failed authors, of our own stories, the good news is if we give Jesus the pen he will write us a beautiful story.




There’s hope though because we can change our story with God’s story.





The story of the Bible is the story of I’s becoming U’s, why because I is the most dangerous letter in the alphabet.   Instead of our stories becoming all about ourselves, it becomes all about others.





And I like the idea of others being written into my stories.   



The Bible too Is the story of I’s becoming U’s.





If you’re looking for the reminder that our story is better told when God holds the pen, I’d highly recommend The Story Changer.




Are you ready to let God control the pen, that’s writing the story of your life?



I give The StoryChanger five out of five stars!



Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment