Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hope In Writing

Why do I write what I want, why do I stive to make all my stories, no matter how serious or dramatic they are, portray a Christian message?  The answer is simple, our Hope, is in the Lord, and I want to share that in a creative way.  The Lord gave me the gift of words, so shouldn't the words I write, glorify the one who gave me the gift.
“then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”” Acts 4:10,12 NIV
I do not try to write in such a way that makes you feel like I am cramming something down your throat, because I know from experience that more than often does not work, but I can not write in a way that compromises my faith either.  I write in a way that I find works for me, my stories are creations the Lord has given me some mysteries, some more dramatic, and some inspirational, but my words are my gift from the Lord, and my words are my gift back to him.
As a writer the greatest compliment I could get is to have someone say that a story I have created, a character who came from my imagination has touched their lives in some way.  I am sure many of my fellow authors feel that way as well.  As novelists we want our stories to be believable, while being fiction.
In Christs Love
Michelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment