Inspirational Prayer of the Day

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What Set the Fire Inside of You?

Do you remember the first time you dreamed of writing, what set that fire inside of you?  For me I guess writing was a natural progression because I was always a reader, always looking for a good book.  I devoured them the way some children devoured Candy.

It was my freshman year in high school though that I was first encouraged to write creatively.  I had a wonderful teacher who I remember to this day, one who was always giving me extra credit work, not necessarily because I needed to bring up my grade, but because she saw a creative mind at work, and she even encouraged me to send my work off.  For a fourteen-fifteen year old freshmen that was a huge compliment, and I was determined to make her proud.

I am a seven time published author now, but I no longer have the grandeur of great fame made from my words, and I suppose I never really did, to me it was always about telling a story, creating something that could touch others, and bring them to the Lord.

I began writing three and a half years before I was saved, but after I was saved my writing not only grew, it changed.  I was no longer writing simply to tell a story, I was writing to share with others the joy in my life, the joy I found in the Lord. 
I am not only a writer now, I am an author, and the joy I felt when my first book was published was not diminished when I recently published my seventh, though I know better the realities of what I face.  I know that others look to me for advise, and want my opinions and I know too that sometimes others blame me for the mistakes they make, but that is true with anybody.  We all have faced that, so instead of focusing on that, I focus on that Fire that was set inside of me, all those years ago!!

God Bless
Michelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment