Friday, July 20, 2012

A Nations Tragedy (Aurora Colorado)

I could be blogging about my word count, or my current work in progress but in light of the tragedy in Aurora, I find myself reflecting and praying over that.

I can not get the images out of my head, images of bloodshed in a movie theatre of all places.

We go to the theatre to escape to have some enjoyment, and though I may not agree with every movie that comes out, as an American and as a Christian that is my right, but I also do not feel like this is the time to place blame on someone in Hollywood, we need to focus now on making sure the victims get the justice they need.

Twelve dead, among them an up and coming sports caster, who narrowly escaped a shooting in Toronto Canada, two months prior.

Jessica wrote this in one of her blogs, words in her blog dated June.5th words that I think we should all take to heart,


I say all the time that every moment we have to live our life is a blessing. So often I have found myself taking it for granted. Every hug from a family member. Every laugh we share with friends. Even the times of solitude are all blessings. Every second of every day is a gift. After Saturday evening, I know I truly understand how blessed I am for each second I am given.

Jessica Redfield/her working name is only one victim, a victim who was given her face, many we do not even have a face or a name for, because families still have to be notified.  Funerals have to be planned.


Who knew that in America, going to a midnight premiere could suddenly become punishable by death.


I woke up this morning hearing the news wondering at first if it was some movie playing, but it was real.  All to real.

God Bless
Michelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment