Saturday, May 10, 2014

Book Review: I Choose to Be Happy

I Choose To Be Happy
A School Shootings Survivors Triumph Over Tragedy
Missy Jenkins Smith
December 2012

There are some books that have a way of sticking with you and I Choose to Be Happy is just one of those books...

Imagine being a Sophomore in High School one morning only to have your life changed because a classmate decides to bring in guns and ammunition and open fire in an instant lives were changed and several snuffed out?

Sound familiar? Only this wasn't Combined. Virgins Tech or even Pearl Mississippi this happened in 1997 before medal detectors were in school it was before teachers and school workers learned to be hyper aware of the warning signs that something like this was brewing...

December 2 1997 was a life altering day for Missy Jenkins her twin sister and so many others, but although this was a life changing day for so many in Paducah and perhaps a rude awakening for our nation Missy was determined to live her life, and to reach out to others, which she still does.

I do not want to give to much of this story away because really I feel you should read it for yourself...

I would give this book more than five stars if I could...

No comments:

Post a Comment