Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's All In the Perception

I could have let the fact that I was dyslexic stop me from being a writer, though it was my dream, perhaps that would have been the easier way out, but I refused to do that.  I am a writer first, I just happen to have Dyslexia, and I have gotten this far.

When I was first diagnosed with dyslexia, I read words backwards, everything was a jumble to me, but as I grew older and learned tricks I no longer read the words like that.  I still have issues with spelling from time to time, but I am writer and I am going to do my best to live up to my goals and my achievements.



I want to show others that have learning disabilities or physical impairments that if given a chance they to can overcome.  I did not want to listen to everyone who said you can't do this, you can't be a writer, because the truth was that is engrained in me.  Despite Dyslexia I have been reading since I was three and a half, and yes I struggled at first, but now it doesn't take me long to finish a book.
I want others to see what they can achieve, I want them to see that being dyslexia, or having any kind of disabilities does not have to mean the end of your dreams.  Just keep on dreaming and reaching for those dreams.

Of course I am not the only author who has overcome a learning disability

http://www.bachelorsdegreeonline.com/blog/2011/25-famous-authors-with-learning-disabilities/


Did you know that Agatha Christie, Jules Verne, and many others also suffered from Learning Disabilities and many were considered the best writers of our times.  Agatha Christie made the Mystery Genre, which is my chosen Genre famous, desirable, but it was said she was a horrible speller, so if she can overcome, so can others!!!

I Know I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment