Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Book Review: The Calloused Soul

The Calloused Soul
Evelyn Watkins
Copyright 2013

The Calloused Soul starts off with a series of questions that I believe are meant to help you grow as a person...The book has Bible verses, and journalling or writing exercises that allow you to wok on your spiritual growth.  The Calloused soul talks about some of the darker moments in life too that can change us that can serve to crush our spirit but it also reminds us even in those moments we have someone to turn to turn when we turn to Christ.  There is a segment in The Calloused Soul that talks about the importance of having strong mentors in our lives and I could say from experience that is the truth.  I have a wonderful Spiritual Mentor, that I look up to both in my walk with Christ, she is such a strong believer and a wonderful person but I also look up to her as a friend, and I know I am a better person for having her in my life.

Evelyn Watkins put together a wonderful little book in The Calloused Soul and the questions at the beginning and end of the book give you something to work on, something to help you journal about or simply grow.  A book I would most definitely recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment